In just 54 hours, you will experience the highs, lows, fun, and pressure that make up life at a startup
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN?
- You will experience what it's like in the startup world, and learn first hand about every step of building a business. At the very least it'll be a memorable weekend away from your usual daily routine.
- You might find your perfect co-founder soulmate with whom you'll go on to launch a successful startup, be it this weekend or down the road.
- We take good care of you during the weekend. All you need to bring is yourself and your laptop. We’ll provide you with:
- Plenty of food to keep your energy levels up
- Unlimited coffee
- Startup Weekend Oulu T-shirt
- Fantastic working space
- Access to the best startup tools
- Advice and coaching from some of the area's best startup mentors
- Global community of entrepreneurs
Startup Weekend attracts each community’s best makers and doers, and by spending a weekend working to build scalable companies that solve real-world problems, our participants build long-lasting relationships and may even walk away with a job or an investor. Plus, if your team wins, you will get loads of additional resources and coaching to help you get your startup off the ground.
WHAT IS STARTUP WEEKEND OULU?
Startup Weekend Oulu is a 54-hour event where developers, designers and business development folks come together to form teams, validate their ideas, build new products and launch startups, all in one weekend. It is a great opportunity to test startup ideas, meet potential co-founders, build the community in Oulu and launch your next startup!
Startup Weekend is a global grassroots movement of active and empowered entrepreneurs who are learning the basics of founding startups and launching successful ventures. It is the largest community of passionate entrepreneurs with 2900 past events in over 150 countries around the world. Till date Startup Weekend events have witnessed 23k+ teams being created with the help of over 193k community members.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Startup Weekend is an event designed to provide superior experiential education for technical and non-technical entrepreneurs. Beginning with Friday night, participants get 60 seconds to pitch their ideas to the crowd and try to recruit the best talent in the room. Continuing through brainstorming, business model development, and basic prototype creation, the Startup Weekend culminates in Sunday night demos and presentations, where teams present their Minimum Viable Product (MVP) to a panel of expert judges, fellow participants and other guests. All teams hear talks by industry leaders and receive valuable feedback from local entrepreneurs and mentors. The weekend is centered around action, innovation, and education.